Saturday 24 June 2017

Writing Forward newsletters

Here are the latest Writing Forward newsletters with help on story concept, creative writing exercises, poetry and more:


Writing Forward | Weekly Digest
         



Excerpts:

Good Grammar and Bad Manners: Writing Tips for Handling Mistakes Made in Public

I’m a writer, but before I’m a writer, I’m a human being. And as a human being, sometimes I make mistakes. Let’s face it, we all make mistakes — some big, some small. Today I want to talk about what happens when we, as writers, make a mistake in our work: a typo, an incorrectly […]
Read on »

From 101 Creative Writing Exercises: Rock and Rhyme (Poetry)

Today’s post features an exercise from my book, 101 Creative Writing Exercises, which is filled with exercises for various forms of writing, including fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. It will inspire you while imparting useful writing techniques that are fun and practical. This exercise comes from “Chapter 8: Free Verse.” The creative writing exercises in this chapter […]
Read on »
 
 

Recent Articles:



Copyright © 2017 Bookworms and Wordsmiths, All rights reserved.


       



Writing Forward | Weekly Digest
 



Excerpts:

Homophones: Hear, Here

When I see professional signs or business documents with words spelled incorrectly, it’s like someone’s dragging nails down a chalkboard, which is something I don’t want to hear. But I try not to get too riled up. I know that spelling isn’t easy for everyone. However, I do believe that with a little effort, anyone […]
Read on »

What is a Story Concept?

Today’s post includes excerpts from What’s the Story? Building Blocks for Fiction Writing, chapter eleven: “Concept, Premise, and Loglines.” Enjoy! Most audiences are first introduced to stories as concepts, premises, or loglines. These are hooks used for pitching and marketing; they draw people’s attention, get them interested in a story, and compel them to buy it. […]
Read on »
 
 

Recent Articles:



Copyright © 2017 Bookworms and Wordsmiths, All rights reserved.


         


No comments:

Post a Comment