Wednesday 4 October 2017

Durham Festival, New Writing North programmers picks

The following article has the New Writing North programmer picks for the Durham Festival:


The Durham Book Festival programme is now live!
 
The Programmer’s Picks
One of the best things about programming Durham Book Festival is getting to invite so many of my favourite writers to Durham.
Roddy Doyle was the first author I ever saw read from his work when I was a teenager and that event has stayed with me ever since. I’m so thrilled that the Booker Prize-winner is coming to Durham for the first time to talk about his poignant new novel, Smile.
Viv Groskop is one of my favourite writers for The Guardian, The Sunday Times and The Pool amongst others. She’s also an award-winning comedian and I know her event is going to be great fun. She’ll also be appearing with Andy Miller and Louise Welsh offering a hilarious insight into the life of a writer, Author Confidential.
I’ve picked some seriously impressive women who I’m thrilled have agreed to appear at this year’s festival, from Booker-longlisted Kamila Shamsie to broadcaster June Sarpong’s take on overcoming prejudice.
Actor and writer Stephen McGann’s beautifully written memoir follows his family’s journey from Ireland to Liverpool and beyond. As a fellow Liverpudlian, this resonates with me personally, but I feel that it will have huge appeal for our audience.
Finally, Rich Seams is a really special event celebrating some of the most exciting emerging voices in northern poetry. I’m very proud that they have been brought together for the first time at Durham Book Festival 2017.
Hope to see you there,
Rebecca

 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment